Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy New Year!

I'm not really someone who makes New Years resolutions.  I have tried in the past and you know life gets in the way of my best intentions.  So for 2014 I decided I would do something quilt related.  My local quilt shop offers several Block Of the Month (BOM) classes and I figured I would go for it!


I have been quilting and sewing for a long time and never have tried a BOM before.  I started a few months late but the blocks so far have not been that bad.  I picked up my first 4 blocks this past week and have one more to do and be ready for next months pattern.  So far the most difficult part has to be designing the block layout.  I have chosen a black and white color way with either a red or blue accent.  Most of my blacks have a white print and the whites have a black or tonal print.  I can't wait to see the block for February!


Block 1
I like the pinwheel design inside of the flying geese


Block 2
This one gave me a bit of trouble.  Once I let out the corner seams it came together just fine.


Block 3
I think this one is my favorite so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment